The wine has a deep purple-red colour with violet hints and a complex bouquet of pine tree, green pepper, laurel, cinnamon and vanilla. This delicious full-bodied wine has an excellent tannin structure and a long and fascinating aftertaste.
- Classification:Greek Wine
- Area of Production:Greece - Ionian Islands - Lefkas
- Grape Variety:Vertzami
- Wine Type:Red
- Vineyard:The vineyards are located are located in the Alexandros region on the island of Lefkada at an altitude of 300m. The soil is a mixture of sandy clay and limestone and the grape yields are about 6000kg per hectare.
- Harvest:Late September
- Vinification:Classic red vinification. The wine remains in oak barrels of 225l for 14-24 months.
- Storage Time:10 years
- Storage Conditions:Temperature: 12-13°C, Humidity: 65%
- Suggested Pairing:With a variety of traditional Greek dishes such as hare stewed with onions, roasted lamb, grilled sheep's entrails and veal cooked with spices.
- Serving Temperature:18°C
- Alcohol:ca. 13,5% vol.
F T G+ P